Columns - Thermal Separation Technology
Thermal separation technology is one of the key competences in the ENCOS portfolio. In particular, this includes the engineering of the complete range of process separation columns.
What is our definition of columns?
In terms of basic process engineering applications, we can make the following rough classification:
- Distillation columns
- Washing / absorption columns
- Stripping / desorption columns
- Drying columns
High-performance columns for high-purity products with optimum energy efficiency are also part of our portfolio. The process engineering task generally pursues the following aspects
- New design
or in detail the energetic optimization as a target. This also includes the optimization or redesign of distillation sequences for the separation of multi-substance mixtures.
What services does ENCOS offer in this field?
ENCOS offers the whole range of services in the sense of EPCM projects. Some of our Highlights are:
- Thermodynamic and hydrodynamic simulations of columns, peripherals and processes (also dynamic if required)
- Column simulation optionally based on separation stage or mass transport
- Selection and process-technical specification of columns, column internals and equipment as well as machines of the required periphery
- Flash drums
- OvHD drum
- Reflux splitter
- Constructive apparatus design including the necessary strength calculations and proofs of stability
- Instrumentation and optimized control design
We look forward to discuss your individual requirements togehter with our department.