Simulation / Process Simulation
Process simulation is an essential tool for the optimization of existing plants as well as for the planning of new plants, which can lead to a clear competitive advantage in today's environment. Companies are under ever-increasing cost pressure and process engineers are increasingly focusing on continuous optimization within new-built and existing plants.
Process simulation is an essential tool to support the design, analysis and operation of process engineering processes. In addition to many years of process engineering expertise and the use of state-of-the-art software, a deep understanding of processes is required in order to be able to professionally map the real behavior of a plant in a computer model.
Our services at a glance
- Vacuum-proof design & high-pressure-based processes - from a few mbar to over 300 bar
- Elimination of capacity bottlenecks (debottlenecking), troubleshooting and optimization of existing systems
- Analysis and optimization of distillation columns, including high-purity products and azeotropic mixtures
- Design and construction of heat exchangers
- Heat integration and energy optimization
- Technology selection
- Batch processes
- Design and specification of safety valves including two-phase flow (gas / liquid)
ASPEN Suite package is the most commonly used basic tool, including ASPEN Plus® and HYSYS®.
- Avoidance or reduction of waste and energy requirements
- Reduced component design and/or increased production rates
- Optimized operating and capital expenses